This blog to document the progress of constructing my Fairfield, a halfscale kit from Greenleaf. I will be showing my progress as I construct, decorate and furnish this charming cottage, which has enchanted me ever since I first saw it way back when I first started miniatures. I hope you enjoy sharing my adventure with me. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of your favourite beverage, and enjoy. Please share your reactions, thoughts and suggestions - I love receiving feedback from my online friends!

Friday, August 23, 2013

And welcome to some more new followers

Thank you Elizabeth, Diva and De for signing up as followers to this blog.  I recognize some of your names from my main blog and I'm delighted that you've joined here too.

Elizabeth's blog about her Arthur is a must-read (www.studioeminiatures.blogspot.com.au).  I am particularly fascinated because my poor Arthur which was nearly completed was trashed in storage and will need to be totally re-vamped when I am in my studio and have the room to do it.  It has turned out for the better though because it will be totally different from what it originally was and reading blogs like Elizabeth's gives me so much inspiration.  She has a talent for making the most wonderful authentic-looking items from bits of nothing

Quarter scale baby shelves 
De's latest post is a great interview with Dr Bindy (http://delightfulminis.blogspot.com.au) whose field of interest in miniatures overlaps ours.  He customizes GI Joe figures to make entirely new characters and is very skilled at doing so.  I smiled when I read that he put away his figures because they were taking up too much room, and started with smaller figures which now take up even more space - because I started on quarter scale houses because they wouldn't take up so much room and now I have so many that they take up more space than my 1/12th scale ones do lol!  I love the stonework on the shop that De is building.  She has achieved such subtle variations in the colours and made it look so natural.

Diva - you don't give a blog. Please let me know if you do have one, I'd love to return the favour and become a follower of yours too.

Once again I want to say how much I appreciate you all, my followers.  And your comments.  Without the interaction between you who are reading and myself, what is the point of posting at all?  And the feedback you give provides such a boost of energy and enthusiasm that it can't be measures.  So I thank you all!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Isabel, they are made from kits put out by Jean Day, for quarter scale baby shelves. She used to make them in half scale too but now I want to buy some in half scale she doesn't seem to have them there any more :( They are certainly tiny! I will put them in my quarter scale baby shop.

      Delete
  2. Hello Sandra! Thanks once again for your lovely welcome and for your endorsement of my work. You are such a gracious lady and think that we can be great friends along the miniature way! I greatly admire your skill in translating your vision into your projects and even though they are the smaller scales, they are Big in impact and infused with love.

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, what a lovely comment - thank you! I already feel that we are friends and the admiration is returned, believe me. I hope that I can achieve the quality of work that you do, and that the end result approaches what you achieve with yours. I just love looking at your Arthur. Sandie

      Delete
  3. Good Morning Sandie
    Looks like you have been busy. I have posted some but the sites are kinda goofeey to me right now. Were you NEO'd? I think it may be hard for me to get. I always have trouble with change. I guess in time I may understand some of it. Do you know it yet. I will keep trying. I wanted to drop by and tell you I love you and thank you for all you do for me. I will write a longer email in the next few days. I must say you are wise. And that wisdom proved true and worked magic. I will write you soon. I have the kids tomorrow and usally sleep until they get home. Then I stay up most nights. I haven't gotten much done yet but almost ready to get going. I think 1st I would like to finish my Lilly. I know she will be a true lady. I am certain she will be my last 1/12 scale. Sandie you keep me going and inspire me to go farther too. I hope you are extreemly happy today. Alisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sweetie, what a lovely comment to leave! I really value your friendship and am so pleased that the little advice I have offered has been of help my friend. Yes, I have been neo'd and it's really annoying! I had problems seeing photos at first but that's fixed now, I haven't tried to post photos to the groups yet - that's a challenge to come :) At the moment I am avoiding the web pages a bit. My Fairfield is still all packed up and I am making do with some other kits at the moment but I hope to get going on it again soon do please send me some photos of your Lilly when you get going on it - I'd love to see how you are going with it and cheer you on as you go. It's been a great day for me today and I hope it has for your too. Sandie

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment: it means a lot to me. I really appreciate hearing what you think.

Popular Posts