This blog to document the progress of constructing my Fairfield, a halfscale kit from Greenleaf. I will be showing my progress as I construct, decorate and furnish this charming cottage, which has enchanted me ever since I first saw it way back when I first started miniatures. I hope you enjoy sharing my adventure with me. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of your favourite beverage, and enjoy. Please share your reactions, thoughts and suggestions - I love receiving feedback from my online friends!

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

So happy to see you here

1:48 Town Square - Dickens Toy Shop




I've been gone a while I know.  Once we returned from Grey Nomads camp we were back into trying to finish off my studio (do please have a look here ) and all efforts are going into that.  The Fairfield was put into its perspex case to keep it safe while we were away so it is hard to get to it now and I have packed up all my tools and equipment ready to move them into the studio.  You can imagine how impatient I am to get them out and start working on it again!  And yes, I am being very good and not going on with something else in the meantime which would be my usual strategy and why I have so many UFOs :-)

But having a look at the blog this morning I see that some new followers have joined - thank you so very much and welcome, welcome, welcome!
CrisColas - I enjoyed browsing your sales blogs but couldn't access your other blog since it is by invitation only.
'PontesPontes'- is an interesting name.  I put it into Google translate and it came out as Bridges, Bridges.  You don't list a blog - please let me know if you do have one.
Agnieszka - has a blog http://miniatureavenue.blogspot.com.au which showcases her marvellous figures.  Agnieszka has been features in the UK magazine Dollhouse and Miniature Scene and she certainly deserves the tribute to her skill as an artisan.  I started to read your blog Agnieszka and was so engrossed that I read right through to the beginning!  I am fascinated by your enchanting figures and just blown away by your talent.
Doortje - has a blog http://rdoortjesminis.blogspot.com.au and at the moment she is making beautiful items for her lavender shop.  Doortje your shop will be filled with gorgeous goodies.  I love lavender and in fact have just planted two of them outside my studio.  Entering a RL lavender shop is an experience I really enjoy  and the variety of goodies you can fill your shop with is almost endless.

I am so happy that you have all chosen to follow this blog and I hope you will visit often and leave comments with suggestions, constructive criticism or encouragement as I continue my halfscale journey with the Fairfield and other halfscale projects.  I really appreciate and value comments of all kinds.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment: it means a lot to me. I really appreciate hearing what you think.

Popular Posts