This blog to document the progress of constructing my Fairfield, a halfscale kit from Greenleaf. I will be showing my progress as I construct, decorate and furnish this charming cottage, which has enchanted me ever since I first saw it way back when I first started miniatures. I hope you enjoy sharing my adventure with me. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of your favourite beverage, and enjoy. Please share your reactions, thoughts and suggestions - I love receiving feedback from my online friends!

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

More friends have joined - welcome

A huge welcome to Norma, Contrastes-Rosa, Gleise and Alice.  It is wonderful to have the support of friends here on this new blog, and to have your encouragement as I try to complete the Fairfield right to the finish by the Sydney fair at the beginning of May.
My quarter scale Cottage Stores

My friend Norma has a great blog called  makeminemini  and I am hoping to see her French project at the fair as well - there we are Norma, a bit of a challenge.  Let me know whether you'd like to share a table with me.

Rosa Maria also has a beautiful blog contrastes-rosamaria full of lovely things.  She is makes beautiful things.

Gleise, you don't show a blog - if you have one could you please let me know?  Alice just started her blog Wisteria Lodge - An Edwardian restoration last year but she is making great progress on her Edwardian house and is obviously a very artistic person.

So thank you all for joining here, and I hope you will enjoy reading about my progress with the Fairfield and offer lots of suggestions - I'm not just saying that, I do appreciate suggestions!  And as you know I love receiving comments too because it is so encouraging to have feedback.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the welcome Sandra and your kind words. Thank you also for all your comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to watching your progress with Wisteria Lodge Alice, the Edwardian period is a favourite of mine and you are doing a great job of your house.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! That's a challenge all right! Right now I'm taking a break from trying to sort through all my boxes of minis that seem to have become a TOTAL muddle and I can't find anything. I've got an old sheet laid out on the garage floor (my workspace is a corner of it) with everything imaginable set out on it as I sort though boxes - I must get it finished before hubby comes home or it'll all be turned into matchsticks, crushed under the car! I'm really searching for the set of pots for the French kitchen, I had them in my hands before Christmas but can't find them anywhere now. I've found lots of other treasures but still no pots... Still I don't think Emily cooks too much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've set myself a huge challenge too Norma, so we'll see how we both go :) Good luck with finding the pots. I hate to think of all those precious minis being crushed to matchsticks - perhaps you'd better barricade the garage door!

      Delete
  3. your going great guns there Kiddo..hows the splinters,I just love the kitchen,you do everything so beautifully...
    Ian is starting his Barn ..heaven forbid he's doing PVA and Tissue on his interior walls tonight..I know I will sit there with my hands over my eye's..lol..then I will end up doing it hahahahaha.. cant wait to see more pics from you and your Fairfield.. hugs a bunch Val xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement Val! It helps a lot :) Hope Ian does some stonework to show through the tissue on the interior walls. More pics of the Fairfield coming real soon - as soon as I find those cornice and skirting boards that have gone awol! Hugs xxx

      Delete
  4. HI, Greetings from Brazil!

    I do have a blog: http://www.gleise-crafts.blogspot.com.br/

    I'm following your Fairfield very closely since my next acquisition will be one. Love what you done so far! You are giving me great inspiration
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link to your blog Geise, I will be straight off to visit there. I do hope you will leave lots of feedback about the Fairfield - it's a fun house to build and you will enjoy doing it I know.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment: it means a lot to me. I really appreciate hearing what you think.

Popular Posts