This blog to document the progress of constructing my Fairfield, a halfscale kit from Greenleaf. I will be showing my progress as I construct, decorate and furnish this charming cottage, which has enchanted me ever since I first saw it way back when I first started miniatures. I hope you enjoy sharing my adventure with me. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of your favourite beverage, and enjoy. Please share your reactions, thoughts and suggestions - I love receiving feedback from my online friends!

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Welcome Hannah and Sandi

... to the halfscale Fairfield blog!  I am so happy that you decided to join us here.  I hope you'll visit often and leave lots of comments to encourage me along the way.  I depend on my online friends for feedback because    apart from my son, none of my family are in the least bit interested and with Nathan it is more a matter of helping by doing 90% rather than working alongside him.

Hannah, you don't list a blog.  Do you have one?  If so, please let me know.

Sandie has a blog called whimsycottageminis.blogspot.com.au and sells some great miniature fabric of her own design.  I have bought some on Etsy from her, to use in the Fairfield and in other mini projects.  Her designs were in 1:12th scale but she reduced some of them to 1:24th scale for me and has added these to her range.  This is the halfscale version of the ladybug quilt set for the girl's room.

I have a selection of the 'Trucks' fabrics for a boy's room, for covers and cushions.

And this gorgeous blue fabric with a white lattice pattern is actually the 1:12th scale version but it is small enough to use in half scale and probably even in quarter scale projects.  I will be using this fabric to upholster a lounge suite and make curtains.
I am really sorry that the lovely blue of this fabric doesn't show to its best effect in this photo - it is such a pretty colour.

Do visit WhimsyCottageMinis on Etsy and see what Sandi has for sale, and also visit her blog - she is a talented miniaturist as well.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting, I am happy that you enjoyed what you saw. I really enjoyed looking at your blogs too, especially the construirtextos one - I guess that's the teacher in me! Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I can't wait to see the halfscale fabrics in their new Fairfield home. I've been reading along and enjoying all the progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still waiting for one set of the girl's furniture to arrive, so I can choose which set to dress with the beautiful fabric Sandie, and I'm not happy with the boy's furniture either - the room is too small for it so I have to make some more, but as soon as I make and dress some new furniture I'll post about it. Thanks so much for your interest, I wish I were as talented in kit-bashing as you are - your furniture is wonderful!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment: it means a lot to me. I really appreciate hearing what you think.

Popular Posts